Tuesday, March 17, 2009

¡Feliz Cumpleaños......a mi!

Today is my birthday, but celebrations started on Sunday. Since I love downtown so much, we decided to go there to buy my gift.

First we had lunch at our favorite hot dog stand. I know....not Mexican! But these hot dogs are really WOW! They are very long, have a big strip of bacon, are served with chopped white onions, chopped tomatoes, and chopped jalapeño peppers. Then catsup, mustard, and mayo.
We love these hot dogs.
While we were downtown, we went to Sears, for my gift.

After downtown, we went home, and I started to sew some coasters for the March Craft-along.

Monday was a holiday, and we made carne asada.

And today, my official birthday, I won a gift from blogger friend, Candace from Arizona (Thank
you so much).

Lots of well wishers, My beautiful Mom from Puerto Rico, one brother from Miami, and the other from Thailand. Cousins from California, Georgia, and Upstate, New York. Friends from Hungary. All my fellow teachers right here. And of course, husband and sons. I consider myself blessed to have such a great family and friends. And I wouldn't have wanted to celebrate my birthday in any other way.
Thank you all so much.






Son in front of Hot Dog stand.


Getting our Hot Dogs ready.




Look at those weinners sizzeling on the grill. Just looking at them
makes my mouth water. I can almost smell them.





Nothing like a freezing cold Coke
in a glass bottle.



And here are the coasters.




A nice red rooster.




I made seven with some scraps I had leftover
from a tablecloth Sofi and I made.




The coasters were covering my gift.
Didn't I tell you what it was?





I've been wanting one of these since
last summer. It's a mini (like me!).
Husband and kids insisted, and who am I
to reject such a gift?

Thanks to all for a wonderful Birthday!! Good Night....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, Angie! It's still the 17th here for another 49 minutes. Congratulations on your laptop, nice gift! And your coasters are so cute. Must be the jalapenos that make those hot dogs Mexican.

What holiday was it on Monday?

Feliz Cumpleanos...a usted!

Angie said...

Thanks, Candace! I feel a bit guilty about the laptop with there being an economic crisis and all that, but it's only a very itty, tiny bit of guilt!
Mexico celebrates Benito Juarez's birth date on March 21, but it was moved to Monday since there will be very few long weekends this year. I think the next one is in September.
Oh, and something happened to the coasters photos. They are not that dark. Glad you liked them, though.