Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winter....

Having lived most of my life in  tropical and sub tropical countries (13 years in Puerto Rico and 28 in Mexico), and even though temperatures in Mexico could go down to at least 35 F, I had not really experienced what many would consider "real" winter, as in snow and ice.

Since living in Winston-Salem, I have experienced both!! Many residents do not really care for either, but them being a novelty for me, I really, really enjoy it!!

I've become an "expert" in winter clothes (L.L.Bean, Patagonia, North Face, oh my!), although most of my jackets and sweaters have been bought in the "Goodwill" stores. I've gotten excellent deals! I am certainly a Goodwill fan! :)

So here are a few of photos from last year (January 2014) of my experience with "Winter"....Hope you enjoy!

On my way to work after the storm...

The hospital

On the hospital's roof

Where I live..

White roads, blue skies...

Ice on my Tracker...

More ice...

Footprints in the snow

From my apartment's balcony..

View from the hospital's roof

More snow after the storm...
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments: