Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Abasolo.

A few weeks ago we went to a small town that is about 25 minutes from our town. The town's name is Abasolo.
It just so happens that many states and towns in Mexico just had elections. The elections were for mayors, senate representaitves, etc. My husband has a student whose father was elected as "regidor", a position which works closely with the city's mayor.
Anyway, he decided to have a BBQ to celebrate his recent election and birthday. He has a small piece of land about 5 minutes from the town, which he uses for family gatherings. There is no electricity or water, but it does have a cistern. And the road to the place is dirt. It is very rustic, but I found the place and hills next to it beautiful.
Here are the photos.


This is the place where the party was celebrated.



My sons and I went walking and took
this photo of the place from a distance.



Lots of plants.



The sky was a bit overcast, but it was still
a nice warm afternoon.


Lots of insects, autumn flowers, and of course, cacti.








We have been fascinated with lichens
for some time. I love the color of these.







And the view....look at that sky. Isn't it beautiful?






You can see the color of the sorgum, wheat, and corn fields
in the background.
For me, Autumn is roasted corn....
with lots of chile sauce...mmmmm.

I love October and Autumn.
How's your Fall season coming along?
Hope it's great!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I think autumn is probably my favorite season and October is the month it finally gets cool here so it's definitely one of my faves. Lovely views of the landscape you have here.